How is Quora Useful for Marketers?
There is so much to explore in Quora to get the most out of it.
Quora is an official Q&A website where questions are asked, answered, followed and edited by internet users. You can put your opinions or facts in the form of answers.
The company was founded in June 2009 and made public in June 2010; till the last year, the count of unique monthly users has crossed 300 million.
Rare information is respected and is highly promoted in Quora.
Marketers, if you are not using Quora then you are losing quite a lot, as it serves one of the best opportunities to promote your brand and build authenticity.
You can develop your thought leadership presence, spread your brand awareness and confirm your authority in your niche.
In a nutshell, Quora is the way to go!
Even if you think you’re not the top expert on a particular topic but the chances are that you still know more than others and end up helping them.
There are almost all topics to learn from Quora then why not get the most out of it, from creating the perfect profile to submitting the best answers.
The queries range from “Who would win in a fight between Superman and Captain Marvel?” to “How to start with branding?.”
Similar to Reddit, Quora relies on a credit-based upvoting system. The more people that upvote your answer, the more exposure it gets.
But, how to use Quora for Marketing purpose?
This platform gives a way to reach your appropriate audience and also provide you with the exposure of what they might be looking for out of your business.
For example, Quora can be used for a consumer survey.
Think about this, if numerous people are talking about some topic say “How do I use email marketing to generate leads?” you know it’s worth writing about.
The most beneficial point about this platform is that it gives you:
1. Outstanding reach: You can share questions and answers with over 300 million monthly visitors.
2. Search visibility: Quora questions are searchable through Google.
3. More genuine high-quality traffic: You can drive customers back to your website by answering their questions and demonstrating how your product or service solves their problems.
4. Get new brand advocates: If you help your audience, they’ll support you in return by investing in your products and services.
You need to find your customers wherever they are and deliver the kind of value that makes them follow you.
Spend a bit of time to start with these best practices on using Quora for branding.
- Create an ingenious bio (remember, it’s only for individuals)
a. Your interests: Make sure they relate to your business or specialist area.
b. A detailed “About Me” section: Include information that shows your thought leadership. Add links to your website.
c. Your employment and education credentials
d. Your location or the cities that you visit regularly
e. An eye-catching profile picture. A clear head and shoulders shot is often preferred.
2. Follow relevant topics
a. To begin, type a keyword into Quora’s search box that you want to follow and it will deliver autocompleted topic suggestions for you to explore.
b. Hit the Follow button to start following a topic.
3. Answer the questions that your potential customers are asking (not any random).
4. Let your answers be a story. Tell them about your experience and expertise while answering their questions.
5. Redirect them to your products/services where they can find solutions to their problems. You can also redirect them to your blog-space where you have addressed solutions to their problems.
6. People look out for expert pieces of advice in Quora therefore, your brand gains credibility on this site.
7. Suggest edits to the top answers, add questions and engage in the answers.
8. Post more thought-provoking questions and reliable answers.
9. Find people to connect with on Quora by looking at the top answers and followers of a particular topic.
10. Encourage others to follow you on Quora (use Quora follow button).
11. Keep monitoring the most popular topics on Quora.
12. Review your analytics constantly to see which questions are generating the most value for your brand.
Highlight your position as an industry thought leader, build valuable relationships with customers and drive traffic back to your website, all can be done with your presence on Quora by delivering value.
How do you use Quora? Let me know what worked for you.
Thank you for your reading and do share this post!
Author: Akanksha Bohra